Monday, December 6, 2010

Catching Up with Christmas - #1

It's official, we're into December: we're celebrating "Christmas" stuff with the family, we're singing carols at church, I guess I need to just get with the program!  Rather than forging ahead at breakneck speed, I'll snag a moment here or there to "catch up with Christmas."  I don't want to forget the joy that leads up to the celebration of Christ's birth, but sometimes, during this time of year, I can get a little overwhelmed. . . Figured I'd use my moments to make the memories stick before they get lost in the shuffle.

So here it is - - my first Christmas Catch Up!


December 1st
Yup!  It snowed right on cue!

and it continued  for most of the day!!



December 2nd
Had a really fun ladies' activity at church and enjoyed the decorations that had already been set up. Thank you, Cindy, for always making the auditorium look so beautiful.


Needed, not enjoyed, but needed the devotional about being a "pretty present"
for the Lord at Christmas.



December 3rd and 4th
Nope!  No pictures. . . 

Had a crazy busy day at school.
Enjoyed a relaxing evening on date night 
with my husband.
Had a 9am Christmas play practice.
Had a 12:30p lunch date with my friend Lisa.
"Helped" my dear husband finish the rigging
for the backdrop at church.
Ran around with Steve doing errands and dinner.
Got my "costume" for the Christmas play.
At home, worked on play stuff and
speaking engagement stuff.
Called it a night!

December 5th
Sunday School and Church time
with the most wonderful group of believers!
then off to Grandma's Christmas!
We ate at Sweet Lorraine's near Laural Park
and then went back to Grandma's house.
During the course of the evening, we were discussing
tooth fairy tales
and wouldn't ya know it!
Juanita's tooth "popped" out!!
(You can barely see it, but it's the bottom right front tooth!)



Yay me!  I'm getting "caught up" with Christmas!





No comments:

Post a Comment