Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Photo Day #19 - Lunch Time

It is my personal opinion that the school year cannot be started properly without the purchasing of a new lunchbox.  It is a tradition that has dated back to my childhood.  Today, in honor of the second lunch of the school year (and the first lunch that I didn't forget) here is a delightful portrait of my lunch "box" and matching water glass.  This very festive ensemble is brightly fashioned to bring both joy and a smile to its owner's face.  It does to mind, and I have to admit - I LOVE LUNCH!  And it's not just because of my beautiful, new lunch box, but it's because I get to spend every week-day lunch with an awesome group of fellow educators.  During that short respite from the day, we laugh, encourage, share, offer help, giggle, make fun of other people's lunches, advise, offer a shoulder, plan, procrastinate, and, oh yeah, we eat!  What more could you ask for from a lunch!  As a result, this picture is more than just a lunch box - it's a way to capture the very essences of one of my favorite times of the work-week: LUNCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment