Thursday, September 2, 2010

Photo Day#20 - My Birthday Day

WOW!  What a fun day!!  and what a tough day for photo selections!  I could have grabbed a picture of Steve as he padded down the stairs this morning with his still half-asleep "Happy Birthday."  I did get some pictures after my kids surprised me at school with flowers, a cake, and a card that they had somehow all signed!  As they brought it into the classroom, one of them said, "Hey!  We gotta sing to her.  Okay, everybody on three. . . "  So, I also enjoyed a very sweet rendition of "Happy Birthday" - - too bad pictures don't come with sound tracks in this challenge!  Finally, the day ended with the traditional "birthday dinner" out with Steve's side of the family.  This year it included Grandma too, which was kind of fun - she makes me laugh!  We met at Bucca de Pepo and enjoyed way more food than we could finish (have the boxes in the fridge to prove it)!  Steve snapped some pictures of them singing to me, as well as my birthday brownie treat.  But, today I decided to use the last picture of the evening in my post.  It's not the best picture of me, but it's a great picture of "my girls."  I love being an aunt!  I love the hugs and kisses.  I love the giggles and adventures.  I don't, however, love the fact that they are growing up just too fast!  Oh, well - I guess it comes with the territory. . .


This is my Megan and my Juanita.
The two bestest nieces in the whole, wide world!

1 comment:

  1. I knew you would have a great day. After all it WAS YOUR BIRTHDAY! Great picture of you and your girls. Sweet memories that can never be taken away. Aunt Darlene has to be the most special aunt in the whole wide world!

    ReplyDelete