Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Photo Day#25 - Mmmmmm. Tasty!

     Tonight was quite a tasty dinner, if I do say so myself!  Yesterday I bought some lemon pepper marinade (on sale) along with some chicken breasts (on sale).  I prepped the chicken and poured in the marinade and let it sit in the fridge overnight.  Today I looked up a recipe for lemon pasta "sauce."  The first one I passed on because it was way to complex with ingredients like heavy cream, not the best choice if your watching caloric intake.  The second one I found was really easy, so it was a go!  I made the pasta (whole wheat of course), mixed it with the lemon garlic sauce and topped it with the stove grilled chicken breasts.  I added a dash of Parmesan cheese and presented it to Steve for dinner.  His first response was, "Where's the sauce?"  I informed him that the sauce was already mixed in.  As he took the plate, he sighed quietly, "How can it be pasta without red sauce."  So much for fancy, smancy plated dinners at our house!


No comments:

Post a Comment