Saturday, August 14, 2010

Photo Day #1 - Close to Home

I love going away for vacation, the excitement of being someplace "new."  It is however, nice, when you can find something "new" right near home.  I saw the Corn Roast advertised in downtown Farmington on Friday, and so I had to drag Steve there in the hot, stickiness of Saturday afternoon just so I could buy my first fresh roasted corn on the cob.  (I may have had it roasted before, but never at a Corn Roast!)  My sweet one obliged, and with a promised stop at Starbucks as incentive, he stood in line with me for the corn and then sat there while I enjoyed every little kernel!  It was the most wonderful, juicy, sweet corn!  Steve even had a few bites himself.   I told him to think of it as vacationing - right near home; he didn't seem too convinced. . .

1 comment:

  1. I love it :-) I have never had roasted corn either - I see it at the festivals and stuff but always opt for the Elephant ear :-)

    ReplyDelete