Friday, August 20, 2010

Photo Day #7 - Look What I Made!!

Before you look at the picture, let me tell you a few things:
  1. I can sew - see Photo Day #3 for an example.
  2. I learned to sew mainly for the stage - good for seeing from a distance, but not so much for close up.
  3. I have become Grandma's sewing project this summer - her goal is to give me the skills and patience I need to be able to "really sew."


Now you can look a the picture as I tell you that when this particular piece of material started out its life - it was a blouse; my skirt was actually a blouse!  YEP - I even have the sleeves left to prove it!  Even though it had the original tag on it for $29.99, I bought the blouse for $1.25 at the S.A. Boutique and took it over to grandma's for some help.  She did the measuring (while I was measuring, pinning, and cutting another adapted garment) and then I did the cutting and sewing of the skirt.  I am so excited!!  I have to find the right shirt to match it - I'm thinking a white shirt with a matching belt from the sleeve material, but we'll see.  Fun isn't it!!




I do have to give a "Thank You" shout out to Marisa of http://newdressaday.wordpress.com/ since she was the inspiration for this little adventure.  Never met her, but she seems fun and I love what she can do with a mumu!

5 comments:

  1. wow...I'm so impressed! Good work Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the skirt Darlene!! I agree about the white shirt. If you could find the right pink or lavender shirt for the sprint, that would change it up too :-) Or one of the pastel colors in a cami/tank and a cute white jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First day of school outfit?? Love it and how cool to adapt a $1.25 piece into a "$50.00" skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to sew so I can't wait to see your new skirt. Good for you, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your creative juices were definitely flowing that day. Good Job! I can't wait to see it. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete