Saturday, August 21, 2010

Photo Day #8 - To eat, or not to eat

To eat, or not to eat: that is the question:
Whether 'tis wiser in the stomach  to suffer
The pains and groans of outrageous agony,
Or to take arms against the sea of salmonella,
And by returning end them?  To cringe, to run;
No more; and by a cringe to say we dismiss
The agony and the thousand painful cramps
That poisoned folks are heir to, 'tis a sickness
Devoutly to be avoid'd.  To cringe, to run;
To run: perchance to make it: ay, there's the rub. . .






I hope you have enjoyed my slight homage to William Shakespeare in light of the fact that the eggs we were going to have for breakfast were produced by the newest company in the egg recall.  In all fairness, Michigan was not part of the listed distribution, but I wasn't sure I was willing to risk it.  See, Shakespeare is truly a "living" author applicable to our lives today - with just a little help of course!


1 comment:

  1. I prefer not to eat -I must admit I haven't bought a carton of eggs in 2 weeks. Great quote

    ReplyDelete