Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Photo Day #11 - . . . sigh . . .


Summer is CLEARLY now over. . . it hit my toes like a ton of bricks this morning.  My tootsies have spent the entire summer in a delightful shade of bright blue, and this morning, they had to change into a more school-acceptable neutral color. (Purple seemed to be a moderately fun and yet neutral choice.)  As they were being painted, all they could think of were being stuffed into closed-toed shoes and never again seeing the light of a beautiful summer day or feeling the flip of a flip-flop. . . sigh. . .  it was sad.  The toes of me are already beginning to feel claustrophobic - I hope it isn't contagious!!


2 comments:

  1. I am going to miss my fip flop tan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would sometimes take my flip-flops to school and wear them as soon as the kids left. I can't bear to say good-bye yet!

    ReplyDelete