Monday, August 23, 2010

Photo Day #10 - Welcome "Home"

Well, it's official - summer is over. . . As I opened my classroom door and looked around this morning, I don't mind admitting that it felt pretty good.  It's sad that it means summer is over; but, at the same time, it's brimming with excitement and possibilities.  A brand new year - a brand new class - a brand new me - - okay, yeah, it's the same old me, but for some reason I feel like this year is going to be different.  Maybe it's the year's classroom theme already starting to work on me - getting off on the right foot.  By the end of the day, the black plastic covers were gone, my desk was set up, and two bulletin board were almost done.  Not bad for one day's work - especially when I managed to fit all that in around "catching up" with all the various teachers that wandered in and out today.  See, from the moment I opened that door, I really did feel a "Welcome Home."

No comments:

Post a Comment