Thursday, August 19, 2010

Photo Day#6 - "It's a Winner!"

I love to watch cooking shows like Top Chef where these people seem to be able to whip amazing dishes out of thin air without even a thought.  As much as I like to watch them, I'm not very good at cooking like that myself.  I usually use recipes, but I often don't follow them word-for-word; I "tweak" them a bit as I go.  Every so often I step it up and wing it like those folks on TV.  I know what I want my end product to be, and I know what ingredients I think I need to get there.  Well, tonight I tried my hand at homemade rice pudding.  It was pretty good.  (Steve declared it "a winner" so I guess he really liked it.)  YAY!   However, I don't think I'll be heading out to participate in a cooking show any time soon.  But if I do, I know I can at least make rice pudding!!

1 comment: