Friday, November 19, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude - Day 19

Today I can't even begin to put into words how thankful I am for my dear friend, Linda.  The "Lucy to my Ethel" as Steve likes to put it.  We don't get to spend much time together, but when we do it is truly special. Out of the blue I called her today telling her I needed a Linda Lunch - and being the dear friend that she is, she pretty much just dropped everything to meet me for a quick lunch - and then she even paid!  (Hey, Steve, you are not the only one to hear the "I forgot my wallet!" now.)

We enjoyed a really good lunch at Pizza Pappolis - well, it was really good the second time around - the first time it was quite cold. (Linda, when you read this, I still think you should have asked if they always serve their pizza cold!!)   Needless to say, we laughed a lot and talked a lot and generally enjoyed our brief time together.  Thank you, my friend, for living out the verse, "Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor; if either of them falls down, one can help the other up." (Ecc. 4:9-10)

July 2008

For some reason, this quote makes me think of Linda:

“'Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?
 'Supposing it didn't,' said Pooh. 
After careful thought Piglet was comforted by this.”

(Thanks for also being the Pooh to my Piglet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment