Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude - Day 23

I wish that today's picture would actually be able to capture the moment I'm most thankful for, but it doesn't.  (I was too busy enjoying everything to take a picture. . . )  Today was our first day to visit Oakmont, an assisted living place.  We go five times during the year (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter, and for a WWII Panel Discussion).  Each time we go, we put on a little performance of songs and poems and the like, and we also bring a small gifty to give to each of the residents.  After our performance, my kids will go around and pass out the gifts, and then they will chat with all of the residents who came to see them. Their first time they are usually so nervous, but today I was so proud of them, and so grateful for the fact they they "got it" - they actually understood the concept that it's not about them, but it's about taking the opportunity to be a blessing to someone else.

Kind of reminds me that I should have the same philosophy in my live in general - it's not about me, but it is about being a blessing to someone else.  Thank you, Lord, for such a sweet reminder.
After our Oakmont visits, 
we always enjoy pizza at Mothers!

No comments:

Post a Comment