Monday, November 8, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude - Day 8

I like Mondays!  They are one of the LONGEST days of my week, but I still really like them!  I'm thankful that I have two "specials" on Monday (specials = prep. times).  I'm also thankful that Monday is Hands-On-Science day where I don't have to teach Science, but instead I get to sit back and  immensely enjoy Mrs. Whitehead teaching Science!  I'm also thankful that I never have to feel rushed to get out of school on Monday, so it makes a good catch up night.  See, I have a lot of reasons to be thankful for Mondays, but I must admit the reason I'm grateful for Mondays takes place between 7pm and 8pm.

Our church has been offering sign languages classes for the past year since we have had a good sized group of deaf folks attending our church.  Deborah is our main interpreter for church, but Greg, her husband, is our classroom teacher.  Just like our Spanish teacher at school who speaks mainly only Spanish during classes with my students, Greg speaks mainly only sign language during class with us.  It's a wonderfully challenging, frustrating, encouraging, and fun hour.  We learn A LOT - too much most nights.  We laugh A LOT - paying a quarter when we actually talk.  We look perplexed A LOT - but Greg is a very patient teacher.  I'm thankful that he is helping us learn to communicate better with him, 'cause he's deaf too.

Greg (at the board) and Richard (at the podium)
our teacher - and his "assistant"

Thank you, Lord, for blessing us with such wonderful
fellowship and friendship!


If you'd like to see Richard taking part in our Sunday Praise and Worship time, head to
In case I didn't mention it earlier, Richard is also deaf
and knows how to truly praise the Lord with ALL that is within him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment