Sunday, November 28, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude - Day 28

I am so thankful that I am allowed the privilege to go to a church where worship in the entire service is a priority.  I don't mean just in the song part of the service, but in the entire service.  The Lord has blessed us with a praise band and singers who aren't just there to bring the focus on themselves, but rather to point our hearts to the Lord.  We have a generation of younger folks who are beginning to take an active role in our worship time too; from Craig and Jeff (our 'interns') to Megan (a sweet little girl who used her talents to worship the Lord - and bless us - with "Be Thou My Vision" yesterday.)  We have an assistant pastor who prayerfully considers the song choices for each week.  And we have a Pastor whose heart is to present God's Word without hesitation or modification.  It is a joy to gather with fellow believers and raise your hearts and hands in worship focusing on such wonderful ideas as:

Jesus Christ, I think upon Your sacrifice
You became nothing
Poured out to death
Many times, I've wondered at your gift of life
I'm in that place once again
I'm in that place once again

And once again I look upon the cross where You died
I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside
Once again I thank You,
Once again I pour out my life

Once Again by Matt Redman 


Photo used from FreeFoto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment