Monday, November 29, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude - Day 29

Today I'm thankful for the international influence my husband and his family have been on me!  It's awesome to shop at the Dutch store, and actually know what Spekulaas to pick, and which Stroopies are the best.  To have the option of  Puur or  Melkchocoladehagelslag for your bread.  To purchase the finest almond banket.  To realize that 'licorice' candy actually comes in a bazillion forms!  To be able to enjoy the best Hoppjes and Tum-Tum ever - oh, and don't even get me started on the chocolate!  And tonight for an evening snack to partake of  a delightful currant rolls with Gouda kaas. . . I feel so cosmopolitan!

My currant and Gouda roll
The color is a little off, but the flavor definitely wasn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment